▷ Bacon & Mushroom Pasta is a perfect Date.
A simple one-pan pasta dish with bacon, mushrooms, and pesto - ready in under 30 minutes.
▷ Bacon & Mushroom Pasta | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: Italian
Sometimes we just want a big bowl of creamy pasta and nothing else will do. I’m not sure why put pasta seems to be a perfect dish to serve for date night at home. Maybe it’s that scene in Lady and the Tramp with the spaghetti that made an impression on all of our young brains, subconsciously teaching us all that pasta = love.
- 400g penne (or another tube shape) pasta
- 250g pack chestnut or button mushrooms wiped clean
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 tbsp pesto (fresh from the chiller cabinet if possible)
- 200ml carton 50% fat crème fraîche
- Handful basil leaves
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water in a large non-stick saucepan according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and snip the bacon into bite-size pieces with scissors or a sharp knife.
2. Reserve a few drops of the cooking water in a cup or bowl, then drain the pasta and set aside. Fry the bacon and mushrooms in the same pan until golden, about 5 mins. Keep the heat high so the mushrooms fry in the bacon fat, rather than sweat.
3. Tip the pasta and reserved water back into the pan and stir over the heat for 1 min. Take the pan off the heat, spoon in the pesto and crème fraîche and most of the basil and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining basil to serve.
Prep time :
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 20 g
Fat: 20 g
Average Rating: 5.0bacon, Mushroom, Pasta, pesto, penne, italian