▷ Homemade BBQ Chicken Burger
These sticky burgers can easily be rustled up on a warm evening for a last-minute barbecue.
▷ BBQ Chicken Burgers | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Burgers
Recipe Cuisine: American
Chicken burgers get a bad rap. They're super lean, which can sometimes read as boring. Not these burgers, though! Spiced with smoked paprika and loaded with crunchy, bright coleslaw, these burgers rival their beef counterparts.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 rashers bacon (optional)
- 4 large burger buns, sliced in half
- Lettuce, tomato and red onion, to serve
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp brown sauce
- Splash chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
1. Make the sauce and marinade by mixing everything together in a large bowl, then put a few spoonfuls aside. Slice halfway into the thickest part of each breast and open it up like a book. Flatten down slightly with your hand, then toss in the bowlful of the marinade to coat. Chill for as little, or as long, as you have time to.
2. Barbecue the chicken for about 10 mins until completely cooked through, turning so it doesn’t burn but is nicely charred and sticky. Cook the bacon at the same time until crisp, if using, and toast the buns. Assemble the burgers with lettuce, slices of tomato, onion and the reserved sauce on the side for dolloping on top.
Prep time :
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 6 g
Fat: 6 g
Average Rating: 4.9bbq, chicken, burger