▷ This is a really easy recipe for a Brilliant Banana Loaf
A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen and is great for using up overripe bananas.
▷ Brilliant Banana Loaf | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Loafs
Recipe Cuisine: British
A fantastically easy recipe that produces a yummy moist banana cake!
- 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g icing sugar
- A handful of dried banana chips, for decoration
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
3. Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
4. Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 2 mashed bananas.
5. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
7. Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
8. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips.
Prep time :
Yield: 1 Loaf, Cut into 8-10 Slices
Fat: 13 g
Fat: 13 g
Average Rating: 5.0banana, loaf, egg, flour, sugar, breakfast