▷ Spicy and bold: Cajun Blackened Chicken with Supergreen Quinoa
by Tupac Bruch
▷ Cajun Blackened Chicken with Supergreen Quinoa
Spicy griddled chicken breasts are served with quinoa packed with herbs, pomegranate, and colorful vegetables for a tasty and nutritious meal.
▷ Blackened Chicken with Quinoa | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Chicken Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: American
I make chicken often for my family – it’s a good source of protein and it’s very affordable. So I’m always looking or wats to make things more interesting! This oven-baked blackened chicken recipe has become one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken breast. It’s very tasty, everyone around here loves it, and it’s also VERY easy to make.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 120g each)
- Generous pinch of Cajun spice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 160g quinoa
- 1 red chili, deseeded and sliced
- 20g spring onions, chopped
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Small pack mint, roughly chopped
- Small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 20g pomegranate seeds
- 40g edamame beans
- 30g Peppadew peppers
- 100g beetroot (not in vinegar), sliced
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 50g feta, cut into cubes
- 80g mango, cut into chunks
- Lemon zest, to serve (optional)
- Sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
- Lime wedges, to serve (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Rub the chicken with the Cajun seasoning until coated. Heat a heavy-based griddle pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and color on both sides. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins or until cooked.
2. Meanwhile, boil a saucepan of water. Rinse the quinoa under cold water, then put in the pan. Cook for 15 mins, then drain in a sieve. 3 In a food processor, add nearly all the chili, spring onions (reserve some of each to serve), the spinach, mint, and coriander, and blend to a smooth purée.
3. Add the purée to the quinoa and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chicken, and combine well. Season to taste. Divide the quinoa mix over 2 plates, top each with chicken and serve sprinkled with the lemon zest, sesame seeds, reserved chili, and spring onions and lime wedges, if you like.
Prep time :
Yield: Serves 2
Fat: 12 g
Fat: 12 g
Average Rating: 4.9chicken, quinoa, olive oil, chili, pepper, beans