▷ Chili Cheese Pasta
This dish is perfect in many ways. It’s made in one pot, it’s done in 30 minutes which makes it the perfect for back to school dinners, and most importantly it’s the epitome of comfort food. It’s one of those dishes that you wish to keep eating once you start. It really is a one-pot wonder!
▷ Chili Cheese Pasta | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: American
I love dishes like these because they’re great pantry cleaners, so if you don’t have some of the ingredients I used today to have fun with the substitutes! It’s such a sneaky way to incorporate some veggies into your dinner, and since it’s so good it’s one of those dishes you won’t be able to stop eating once you start.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Small onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 Lb rotini
- 1 Can bean, rinsed and drained
- 4 Cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tsp cumin
- 2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar
1. In a large Dutch oven or soup pot heat olive oil over medium-high.
2. Add onion and sauté until it begins to soften; between 3 and 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
4. Add ground beef and cook until it’s no longer pink. Use the side of your spoon to break it into small pieces.
5. Add spices and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add rotini, beans, broth, and tomatoes.
7. Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed and the pasta is cooked through.
7.1. *Be sure to stir the pasta every two minutes or so because it loves to stick to the bottom of the pot.
8. Add cheddar cheese and stir until it’s completely melted.
9. Serve with more shredded cheddar, sour cream, and green onion.
Yield: Serves 2
Fat: 22 g
Fat: 22 g
Average Rating: 5.0pasta, rotini, chicken, bean, chili, cheddar