▷ Chinese Food: Beef with Broccoli
by Tupac Bruch
▷ Chilli Beef with Broccoli & Oyster Sauce
Marinate a cheaper cut like rump steak to tenderize the meat then stir fry with vegetables and rich Chinese flavors.
▷ Chinese Beef and Broccoli | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Beef
Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Tender beef and broccoli with plenty of that sauce we all love so much!
- 500g rump steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Large pinch five-spice powder
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 red chili, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 peppers, seeded and cut into uneven chunks
- 150g tender stem broccoli, trimmed into finger length pieces
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Rice or noodles, to serve
1. Place the beef in a bowl with the soy, five-spice, rice wine, chili and cornflour, and season with black pepper. Mix well so the beef is completely coated in the thick paste and leave to marinate for at least 10 mins but 30 mins are better.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok until very hot. Add the beef to the wok, but do not overcrowd the pan – the beef needs to be in a single layer. If necessary, cook the beef in batches. Fry the beef vigorously for about 3 mins until brown and crisp and scoop onto a plate.
3. When all the beef is cooked give the wok a quick wipe out. Heat the remaining oil and stir fry the peppers and broccoli for a minute then pour over the stock and add the oyster sauce. Simmer everything together for 1 min then add the beef to the wok and boil briefly to thicken the sauce then serve straight away with rice or noodles.
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 21.7 g
Fat: 21.7 g
Average Rating: 5.0steak, broccoli, soy sauce, chili, oyster sauce, Rice