▷ Mac & Cheese: Classic Recipe
Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper.
▷ Classic Mac & Cheese | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: American
There is absolutely nothing I love more than cheese. And when you add pasta to it? Fuggetaboutit.
- 1 box macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes or hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 panko crumbs (optional)
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, gently heat milk and cream. Do not let it come to a boil.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
4. Once the butter is melted and frothy, add flour and whisk. Whisk constantly until the butter and flour mixture are totally combined and become a golden brown color – about two or three minutes. This is called a roux.
5. Carefully pour your milk and cream into your roux, whisking constantly.
6. Use extreme caution as the mixture will bubble up and you don’t want to burn yourself.
7. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and has thickened – another one or two minutes.
8. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and whisk until it has fully melted.
9. Add the shredded parmesan and whisk until it has fully melted.
10. Add salt, pepper and any other seasonings you’d like, stirring constantly.
11. Pour cheese mixture over the macaroni and stir thoroughly.
12. For baked mac and cheese, pour mac and cheese into a casserole dish or individual ramekins.
13. Top with bread crumbs and bake at 350 until the breadcrumbs have become golden brown.
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 41 g
Fat: 41 g
Average Rating: 5.0Mac, Cheese, macaroni, milk, cream, Pasta