▷ Corn in a Cob: Mexican Street Corn
It isn't summer until you've had corn on the cob. It's at every barbecue, it makes the perfect side dish to, umm, everything, and unless you're Michael Bublé, no one judges you while gobbling one down with both hands.
▷ Corn in a Cob: Mexican Street Corn | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Corn
Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
Luckily, the summer staple is quick and easy and doesn't even need fussy toppings (unless you want them — we have so many fun ideas for how to top corn). Just a pat of butter and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper.
- 8 corn on the cob
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime, zest, and juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook the corn in a pot of boiling water until the kernels are bright yellow, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chili powder, lime zest, and lime juice. Brush the mixture over the corn.
3. Serve the corn immediately topped with the cotija cheese and cilantro.
Yield: Makes 8
Fat: 2.3 g
Fat: 2.3 g
Average Rating: 5.0corn, mayonnaise, chili, lime, cheese, cilantro