▷ Creamy Desserts: Strawberry Shortcake
Sweet Strawberry Desserts! You Won't Be Able To Resist!
▷ Creamy Desserts: Strawberry Shortcake | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Desserts
Recipe Cuisine: British
Sweet Strawberry Desserts for Spring and Summer. Get your daily dose of fruit with a side of ice cream.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, cold and cubed
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- 2 tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1-2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk together flour, sugar baking powder, and salt.
2. Add butter and mix until it reaches the consistency of breadcrumbs.
3. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix until the dough comes together into a ball.
4. Transfer dough to a work surface and flatten out with a rolling pin or your hands until it’s ¾ of an inch thick.
5. Using a cookie cutter or a mason jar lid, cut out circles.
6. Place circles onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
7. Bake at 350ºF for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly golden and baked through.
Strawberries and Cream Filling Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix strawberries with sugar.
2. Set aside. Using an electric mixer, whisk the cream until it begins to thicken.
3. Gently sprinkle in icing sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until soft peaks form.
1. Once biscuits have cooled completely, cut them in half.
2. To assemble, begin by placing a layer of strawberries on the base of the biscuit. Top with cream and another half of the biscuit.
3. Top with more strawberries and whipped cream.
Yield: Makes 8
Fat: 0.4 g
Fat: 0.4 g
Average Rating: 5.0Strawberry, Cream, sugar, vanilla, cake, egg