▷ French Toast: Creme Brulee
Vanilla extract and cinnamon bring a richness of flavor when making French toast. Pick your favorite bread - white, Italian, French, or whole wheat and serve with our Easy Spiced Syrup for a tasty French toast recipe.
▷ French Toast: Creme Brulee | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: French
Saturday mornings are for yummy breakfasts that are fancier then anything I’d make during the week. We have lots of favorites including sausage gravy and biscuits, and breakfast quesadillas.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices
- French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brandy-based orange liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single layer. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, orange brandy, and salt. Pour over the bread. Cover, and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and bring it to room temperature.
4. Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven until puffed and lightly browned.
Yield: Makes 5
Fat: 46.1 g
Fat: 46.1 g
Average Rating: 5.0Creme, Brulee, French, Toast, vanilla, Strawberries