▷ French Toast: Savory Ham & Swiss Cheese
Vanilla extract and cinnamon bring a richness of flavor when making French toast. Pick your favorite bread - white, Italian, French, or whole wheat and serve with our Easy Spiced Syrup for a tasty French toast recipe.
▷ French Toast: Savory Ham & Swiss Cheese | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Swiss
Saturday mornings are for yummy breakfasts that are fancier then anything I’d make during the week. We have lots of favorites including sausage gravy and biscuits, and breakfast quesadillas.
- 1/2 loaf soft French bread; cut into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- 6 slices cooked ham (each slice is about 1/4-inch thick and 1.2 ounces)
- 6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 6 eggs; slightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Spray 2-quart (11-inch x 7-inch) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place 6 slices of French bread in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Top each bread with ham and Cheddar cheese slices. Top each with remaining slices French bread, creating a sandwich.
3. Whisk together, in a medium bowl, eggs, milk, and Dijon mustard. Pour mixture slowly overstuffed French bread. Cover; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350° F. Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center come out clean.
Yield: Makes 6
Fat: 36 g
Fat: 36 g
Average Rating: 5.0French, bread, ham, Cheese, Dijon, mustard