▷ Gourmet Burgers: Spicy Southwestern Black Bean Burger
What Separates Gourmet Burgers from Classic Burgers? All burgers are not created equal. Check It Out!
▷ Gourmet Burgers: Spicy Southwestern Black Bean Burger | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Hamburger
Recipe Cuisine: American
Sometimes you just want a good burger, you know? You’ve got the grill all fired up, you got the ears of corn roasting, maybe a carrot dog or two….. but a good, tasty, burger would just REALLY hit the spot. Am I right?
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa flakes (oats and breadcrumbs will also work)
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, mash black beans with a potato masher.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Form four equal patties.
4. Grill burgers about five minutes per side.
5. Top with Monterrey jack cheese, guacamole, tomato, and red onion.
Yield: Makes 6
Fat: 17 g
Fat: 17 g
Average Rating: 5.0burger, Black Bean, chili, chipotle, quinoa flakes, onion