▷ How to make the most Healthier Flapjacks
▷ Healthier Flapjacks | The Brand Decò
A healthier version of traditional fruit and nut bars that are packed with seeds, oats and agave syrup - perfect for snacking and lunchboxes
▷ Healthier flapjacks
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Snack
Recipe Cuisine: British
Whip up a batch of these buttery, chewy, sweet treats in no time flat! They're perfect for bake sales and after-school snacks. This easy recipe for Classic British Flapjacks makes a simple treat that can be made by anyone from amateur bakers to seasoned professionals. :
- 150g ready-to-eat stoned date
- 100g low-fat spread
- 3 generous tbsp agave syrup
- 50g ready-to-eat stoned dried apricot, finely chopped
- 50g chopped toasted hazelnut
- 3 tbsp mixed seed
- 50g raisin
- 150g porridge oat
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
2. Line an 18cm square tin with baking parchment. Put the dates into a food processor and process until they are finely chopped and sticking together in clumps.
3. Put the low-fat spread, agave syrup and dates into a saucepan and heat gently.
4. Stir until the low-fat spread has melted and the dates are blended in. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread level.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Remove and cut into 12 pieces. Leave in the tin until cold.
6. Store in an airtight container.
Prep time : 10
Yield : Serves 12
Fat: 8.2 g
Fat: 8.2 g
Average Rating: 4.9Healthy, Flapjacks, oat