▷ Healthy Pasta: Baked Shrimp & Orzo Pasta Salad
Just because you want to eat nutritious meals doesn’t mean you should have to sacrifice making quick, easy dinner recipes for your family. These easy, healthy pasta recipes will fulfill all your needs for a simple weeknight meal that's also good for you.
▷ Healthy Pasta: Baked Shrimp & Orzo Pasta Salad | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: Italian
Most of us crave a big bowl of pasta after a long day, but when you’re trying to eat on the healthier side, sometimes you might think you have to completely scrap their favorite carb. Instead, you can still make healthy dinner ideas that use pasta with these amazing ideas.
- 1lb peeled shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups cooked and cooled orzo
- 1 English cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large baking dish, toss the shrimp with the olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Bake the shrimp until they are pink, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp.
3. While the shrimp is baking, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set them aside.
4. Once the shrimp are cooked through, remove them from the oven and assemble the salad. In a large bowl, toss together the shrimp, orzo, cucumber, feta, red onion, capers, parsley and the dressing.
Yield: Makes 4
Fat: 6.5 g
Fat: 6.5 g
Average Rating: 5.0Shrimp, orzo, dijon, parsley, lemon, olive