▷ Healthy Rolls: Fruit Roll-Up
Eating fruit provides health benefits — people who eat more fruits and vegetables as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Fruits provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
▷ Healthy Rolls: Fruit Roll-Up | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Rolls
Recipe Cuisine: American
As part of an overall healthy diet, eating foods such as fruits that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
- 10-12 rice paper rounds
- 1 mango, julienned
- 1 cup julienned pineapple
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced kiwis
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt for serving
1. To build the rolls soak the rice paper rounds, one at a time, in tepid water for 15 to 20 seconds.
2. Lay it flat on a cutting board. In the center of the lower third of the wrapper, place a few pieces of each fruit and top with the mint leaves.
3. Begin to roll by wrapping the bottom of the rice paper over the filling and tuck in the filling as you roll to about halfway up the wrap. Fold the sides of the rice paper toward the center of the roll and continue to roll upward.
4. Serve immediately with vanilla yogurt or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container with a damp towel for up to 3 days.
Yield: Makes 5-6
Fat: 5.2 g
Fat: 5.2 g
Average Rating: 5.0Vegan, mango, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, mint