▷ Healthy Rolls: Shrimp Rolls
Typically I leave my tofu raw, but not this time. I gave it a crispy edge by dredging it in cornstarch and sautéing it sesame oil. Then, I tossed it in my savory almond butter dipping sauce and gave it another flash “fry” in the pan.
▷ Healthy Rolls: Shrimp Rolls | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Rolls
Recipe Cuisine: American
Typically, Vietnamese spring rolls come with a vinegar-based sauce, but, sorry no. I just can’t pass up the opportunity to whip up a creamy nut-based sauce. They’re just way more savory, satisfying and sexy.
- 10-12 rice paper rounds
- 1lb cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce for serving
1. Soak the rice paper rounds, one at a time, in tepid water for 15 to 20 seconds. Lay it flat on a cutting board. In the center of the lower third of the wrapper, place a few pieces of each vegetable.
2. Top with the shrimp and cilantro and begin to wrap. Start by wrapping the bottom of the rice paper over the filling and tuck in the filling as you roll to about halfway up the wrap.
3. Fold the sides of the rice paper toward the center of the roll and continue to roll upward.
4. Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container with a damp towel for up to 3 days.
Yield: Makes 5-6
Fat: 5.2 g
Fat: 5.2 g
Average Rating: 5.0Vegan, shrimp, Roll, rice paper, cucumber, cilantro