▷ Asian Cuisine: Hot & Sour Fish Soup
▷ Hot & Sour Fish Soup
James Martin's Asian soup combines a fragrant broth with fish, seafood and light noodles, topped with strong herbs.
▷ Hot & Sour Fish Soup | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Soup
Recipe Cuisine: Asian
This Asian hot and sour fish soup is quick, easy, and just over 300 calories - the perfect light, fragrant meal to warm you up.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Small piece ginger or galangal, sliced
- 850ml chicken or fish stock
- 175g thin rice noodles
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 fat red chilies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 300g raw, tail-on tiger prawns
- 200g/7oz skinless salmon fillet, cut into small cubes
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- A handful of coriander leaves
- A handful mint leaves, torn
- Juice 2 limes
1. Put the coriander seeds and galangal or ginger in a saucepan. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5 mins. Leave to stand for 10 mins.
2. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain and keep warm. Return stock to the boil. Add the fish sauce, chilies and garlic, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 mins. Add the prawns and salmon, return to a simmer and cook gently for about 5 mins until both are firm and cooked. Add the spring onions, herbs and lime juice, to taste.
3. Divide the noodles between soup bowls. Using a slotted spoon, lift out the prawns and fish, and place on the noodles. Season the hot stock, pour into the bowls and serve with Spring rolls on the side.
Prep time :
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 7 g
Fat: 7 g
Average Rating: 4.9fish, Sour, lime, sauce