▷ Indian Cuisine: Aloo Chaat
Aloo Chaat or Potato Chaat is simple to make a delicious medley of interesting flavours all in one morsel and reminds you of the flavours of Chandni Chowk. It is made by topping boiled & fried potato cubes with creamy curd, chutneys and spices. Here is how to make it.
▷ Indian Cuisine: Aloo Chaat | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Snack
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
What is Aloo Chaat?
It is a famous Indian street food where boiled and fried potatoes are topped with curd and an array of chutneys and spice powders.
It is a refreshing dish with a lot of different flavors coming along as one and creating a burst of freshness in your mouth.
Delhi is famous for its roadside shacks selling chaats of all variety. Dahi Papri, Dahi Bhalla, Aloo Tikki, Golgappa, and this Aloo Chaat are the crowds favorite.
- 400 g Potato Boiled, peeled and cubed
- Ghee for frying
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Coriander Chutney
- 3 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
- ¼ cup Curd Whisked with 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Nylon Sev
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
1. Heat ghee in a non stick pan.
2. Add potatoes and fry until golden brown.
3. Drain in a bowl.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala and lemon juice in the potatoes and toss well.
5. Transfer the potatoes in the saving bowl.
6. Top with coriander chutney, tamarind chutney, curd, nylon sev, pomegranate seeds and finally with fresh coriander.
7. Serve immediately.
If you want to prepare in advance for this dish, keep the chutneys ready beforehand and fry the potatoes until they are slightly browned. Once you are ready to serve, just fry the potatoes again on high heat until they are crisp and nicely browned and then serve immediately.
You can adjust the spice level and the amount of chutney according to your taste.
Air fry the potatoes with just a spray of oil for a healthier version of this chaat.
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 8 g
Fat: 8 g
Average Rating: 5.0Potato, Ghee, Chilli, Lemon, Coriander, Pomegranate