▷ Mamma Mia! Spicy Sausage Pizza
▷ Spicy Sausage Pizza
Ahhh, pizza. Who doesn’t love a good pie? Did you know October is National Pizza Month? I somehow didn’t know this. I’m more than aware now, and I plan to celebrate accordingly.
▷ Spicy Sausage Pizza | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pizza
Recipe Cuisine: Italian
Anything where the base of a dish is a doughy vessel for toppings or fillers, and I am one happy girl. I’m also a simple girl when it comes to pizza. I’m quite satisfied with cheese, mushrooms, and sausage when ordering out….most of the time. There was this one time though, Jason and I went to a local pizza spot, and we decided to get a little crazy, and order a pizza loaded up with ricotta cheese. It was ah-may-zing.
- ½ lb hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 16 oz pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 chili, sliced (or 1 tsp chili flakes)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add sausage coins to skillet and fry on medium heat until done.
2. Layer each naan bread in the following order: 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, half of sausage link coins, 1/4 cup of ricotta in dollops with a teaspoon, spices (optional).
3. Bake 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and naan is toasty. Remove, and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Yield: Serves 1 Pizza
Fat: 20 g
Fat: 20 g
Average Rating: 5.0Pizza, sausage, tomato, cheese, ricotta, mozzarella