▷ A Healthy Breakfast: Beans & Avocado on Toast
▷ A Mexican Recipe: Beans & Avocado on Toast
A vibrant Mexican-style breakfast with fresh avocado and black beans. Give yourself a healthy start with our easy vegan beans on toast with a twist.
▷ Beans & Avocado on Toast | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
Avocado Toast recipes need a little upgrade. This fully loaded MEXICAN style smashed beans avocado toast recipe is Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly loaded with Flavor!! A simple, yet spicy, meatless meal, breakfast, or even a healthy appetizer.
- 270g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red or white onion, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chipotle paste or 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 4 slices bread
- 1 avocado, finely sliced
1. Mix the tomatoes, ¼ onion, lime juice, and 1 tbsp oil and set aside. Fry the remaining onion in 2 tbsp oil until it starts to soften. Add the garlic, fry for 1 min, then add the cumin and chipotle and stir until fragrant. Tip in the beans and a splash of water, stir and cook gently until heated through. Stir in most of the tomato mixture and cook for 1 min, season well and add most of the coriander.
2. Toast the bread and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Put a slice on each plate and pile some beans on top. Arrange some slices of avocado on top, then sprinkle with the remaining tomato mixture and coriander leaves to serve.
Prep time :
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 19 g
Fat: 19 g
Average Rating: 5.0avocado, toast, tomato, Vegetarian, Beans, Healthy