▷ How to Make a Pancake Cannelloni
▷ Pancake Cannelloni | The Brand Decò
Give pancakes a savory twist with this Italian-style meatball, spinach and ricotta filling, topped with gooey mozzarella that's ideal for Shrove Tuesday or everyday dining.
▷ Pancake Cannelloni
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: Italian
Give pancakes a savory twist with this Italian-style meatball, spinach, and ricotta filling, topped with gooey mozzarella that's ideal for Shrove Tuesday or everyday dining:
- 420g pack free-range pork meatballs
- 400g bag fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 250g tub ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 pre-made pancakes
- 500g carton passata
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125g ball mozzarella, torn
- 1 bunch of basil, leaves only
- Ham, finely chopped
1. Heat the grill to high and cook the meatballs for 12-15 mins on a baking tray or following pack instructions. Cut each one in half and set aside.
2. Tip the spinach into a large colander over the sink. Pour boiling water over to wilt it and leave to drain thoroughly. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out any excess liquid and chop finely.
3. Mix the spinach with the pesto, ricotta, egg, and nutmeg, then season to taste. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas and Pour the passata over the bottom of an ovenproof dish and stir in the garlic.
4. Divide the spinach mixture between the pancakes, spreading it out in a long strip in the center. Add meatball pieces to each one, then roll the pancake up to seal in the filling.
5. Lay the stuffed pancakes on the passata base and top with the mozzarella.
6. Bake for 30 mins until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Scatter over basil leaves to serve.
Prep time : 30
Yield : Serves 4
Fat: 36 g
Fat: 36 g
Average Rating: 5Pancake, Cannelloni, mozzarella