▷ Quick & Healthy Dinner: Coconut Curry Shrimp
This shrimp recipe is one of the most popular recipes on this website because it’s not only lip-smacking delicious, it’s a very quick and easy dinner recipe. Ready in 20 minutes, this healthy dinner will join your regular dinner rotation. Serve with brown rice and vegetables, grill on skewers, or serve over salad.
▷ Quick & Healthy Dinner: Coconut Curry Shrimp | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Shrimp
Recipe Cuisine: Thai
Looking for a shrimp recipe that's skimpy on prep time, jumbo on flavor? We've got plenty of them! These easy shrimp recipes include Italian, Caribbean and Asian flavors, so you can go far (even on weeknights).
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 19-oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Stir in the curry powder, turmeric, and coriander.
5. Add the diced tomatoes and coconut milk.
6. Bring the mixture to a simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Stir in the cilantro.
9. Serve immediately with some rice or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 4 g
Fat: 4 g
Average Rating: 5.0shrimp, garlic, onion, curry, tomato, coconut