▷ Remind Your Childhood: Classic Hot Chocolate
Get ready to feel nostalgic with this childhood Hot Chocolate.
▷ Remind Your Childhood: Classic Hot Chocolate | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Hot Chocolate
Recipe Cuisine: Dutch
If you’re feeling really decadent and fancy (as you should), add a splash of half-and-half or heavy cream just before serving.
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- 1 large marshmallow
- 4 miniature marshmallows
- 1 tbsp store-bought vanilla frosting
- 4 eye candies
- 2 brown m&m's
1. In a small pot over medium heat, combine the milk and cream. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until all of the chocolate has melted, about 3 minutes.
2. To make the whipped cream, in a large bowl, add the cream, icing sugar, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until it is light and fluffy.
3. To make the polar bear marshmallows, cut a jumbo marshmallow in half to create the face of the polar bear. Cut a large marshmallow in half, and press the cut side onto the jumbo marshmallow to create a snout. Dip the backs of two eye candies into the frosting and stick them onto the jumbo marshmallow, just above the snout. Cut a miniature marshmallow in half and press the cut sides onto the top of the head of the jumbo marshmallow to create ears. Dip an m&m into the frosting and press it onto the snout as a nose. Repeat until all of the marshmallows have been used up.
4. Serve the hot chocolate immediately topped with the homemade whipped cream and polar bear marshmallows.
Yield: Makes 1
Fat: 6 g
Fat: 6 g
Average Rating: 5.0Chocolate, cream, Marshmallow, vanilla, milk, candy