▷ Healthy break: Seven-Cup Muesli
by Tupac Bruch
▷ Seven-Cup Muesli
Mary's muesli will set you up for a busy day, it counts as one of your 5-a-day and is high in iron and packed with fibre.
▷ Seven-Cup Muesli | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Snacks
Recipe Cuisine: European
This recipe is much better than store bought varieties and cheaper too!
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts including macadamia if possible
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried ready-to-eat apricots, chopped
- Soya or semi-skimmed milk
- Chopped fresh seasonal fruit, such as pears, banana, pineapple, papaya, passion fruit and grapes
1. Tip the oats into a large airtight container and add the nuts, seeds, raisins, and cranberries. Stir in the apricots.
2. To serve, spoon a portion into a bowl, pour over the milk and top with chopped fresh fruit.
Yield: Serves 2
Fat: 16 g
Fat: 16 g
Average Rating: 5.0oat, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, apricot, fruit