▷ South Indian Cuisine: Crispy Medu Vada
▷ Crispy Medu Vada
Urad Dal is also beneficial for women. it contains magnesium, potassium, calcium which is very essential for women’s healthy pulse. apart from these it is also good for diabetes and is good for men's sexual problems.
▷ Crispy Medu Vada | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Medu Vada is a popular south Indian breakfast recipe served alongside with idli and sambar. a south Indian breakfast is unfinished without uddina wada or urad dal vada. in some of the popular south Indian restaurant, medu vada is also served with the main course along with rice and rasam.
- 1 cups of urad dal or uddina bele
- ¼ cup of channa dal or kadle bele
- 2 tsp of rice flour
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tbsp of dry chopped coconut
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- Pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
1. Wash and soak dal in about 3 cups of water for about 2-3 hours.
2. drain all the water from soaked dal. grind urad dal and channa dal together to smooth paste using very little water. I have used authentic grinding stone, but wet grinder or even mixer grinder can be used.
3. The batter should be thick and use very little water. the right consistency is very important or otherwise, you will not be able to get the vada shape.
4. Add coriander, green chilli, ginger and chopped dry coconut to the batter. mix it very well.
5. Add 2-3 tsp of rice flour. rice flour is added to make it crispy.
6. Add a pinch of hing to make it more digestible.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan in medium flame. wet your palms and take a lemon size batter.
8. Make a hole in the center and slide it into the hot oil.
9. The vada should float on top of the oil.
10. Make sure your oil is not too hot. otherwise, the vadas would not cook evenly.
11. Fry on both sides till it becomes golden brown in color.
12. Serve medu vada immediately with chutney collections or sambar collections.
Yield: Serves 12
Fat: 8.4 g
Fat: 8.4 g
Average Rating: 5.0urad dal, channa dal, chilli, coconut, coriander, Indian