▷ Spanish Recipe: Classic Tortilla
A closer relative to the Italian frittata than a Mexican flour or corn tortilla, a Spanish tortilla is so much more than the sum of its humble parts. Potatoes are the star, but tortillas welcome variation. The tortilla makes an excellent breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or crowd-pleasing tapa.
▷ Spanish Recipe: Classic Tortilla | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Tortilla
Recipe Cuisine: Spanish
Make a classic Spanish omelette filled with pan-fried potatoes and onion. It makes a delicious light vegetarian meal or an easy tapas dish.
- 4 potatoes of about 200g each
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for serving (optional)
1. Peel the potatoes and chop them into very fine pieces.
2. Put them in a bowl and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and two tablespoons of water. If you want to add 1 onion, this would be the time to do it, cut into strips. Mix well with a spoon.
3. We put in the microwave at full power and leave them there for about 5 minutes, more or less
4. Remove the potatoes and with a spoon, stir again. We put back in the microwave for another 5 minutes. We are going to repeat this step 2 or 3 more times. Until the potatoes are soft.
5. In a plate we put the eggs and beat them for about 20 or 30 seconds. One of the secrets so that the omelette is not too dry is not to beat them excessively. Enough so that the yolk and the white mix well. Don't let foam come out. Also, you can add half an egg shell of water. It will give an extra touch of juiciness (milk, dry the tortilla)
6. Mix the beaten egg and the potato and mix everything well. Until there is a homogeneous mass
7. Put a good non-stick frying pan over medium heat. We add another tablespoon of olive oil and when it is hot, add the dough. Let it curdle to taste. So, if you want it curdled well, leave it 5 minutes. If you love her little, two is enough
8. After time, turn around with a plate and cook the other side the same time as the previous one.
Yield: Makes one tortilla (Serves 4)
Fat: 27 g per serving
Fat: 27 g per serving
Average Rating: 5.0Spanish, Tortilla, Potato, Egg, Oil, Parsley