▷ Mac & Cheese: Spicy Chili
Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper.
▷ Spicy Chili Mac & Cheese | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: American
There is absolutely nothing I love more than cheese. And when you add pasta to it? Fuggetaboutit.
- 1 pound dried macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes or hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups spicy chili
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chopped jalapeño for garnish
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, gently heat milk and cream over medium heat. Do not let it come to a boil.
3. In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted and frothy, add the flour and whisk. Whisk constantly until the butter and flour mixture are totally combined and become a golden brown color, about 2 to 3 minutes. This is called a roux.
4. Carefully pour your milk and cream into your roux, whisking constantly. Use extreme caution as the mixture will bubble up and you don’t want to burn yourself. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and has thickened, another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and whisk until it has fully melted. Add the grated Parmesan and whisk until it has fully melted. Add the salt and pepper stirring constantly. Pour the cheese mixture over the macaroni and stir thoroughly. Add the chili and stir to combine.
6. Serve immediately topped with sour cream and jalapeños.
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 36 g
Fat: 36 g
Average Rating: 5.0Mac, Cheese, macaroni, jalapeños, cream, Pasta