▷ Mac & Cheese: Spinach & Artichoke
Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper.
▷ Spinach & Artichoke | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Cuisine: American
There is absolutely nothing I love more than cheese. And when you add pasta to it? Fuggetaboutit.
- 1 pound dried macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes or hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke hearts, drained
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions and set aside. In a small saucepan, gently heat milk and cream. Do not let it come to a boil.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted and frothy, add flour. Whisk constantly until the butter and flour mixture are totally combined and become a golden brown color, about two or three minutes. Carefully pour your milk and cream into your roux, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and has thickened, another one or two minutes. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and whisk until it has fully melted. Add the Parmesan and whisk until it has fully melted. Add salt, pepper and any other seasonings you’d like, stirring constantly. Pour cheese mixture over the macaroni and stir thoroughly.
3. In a large saucepan or frying pan, melt butter. Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Add artichoke hearts and baby spinach. Cover for two or three minutes until spinach is wilted. Pour spinach and artichoke mixture over mac and cheese and stir thoroughly until combined.
4. For baked mac and cheese, pour mac and cheese into a casserole dish or individual ramekins. Top with breadcrumbs and more shaved Parmesan and bake at 350ºF until the breadcrumbs have become golden brown, about 25 minutes.
5. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yield: Serves 4
Fat: 36 g
Fat: 36 g
Average Rating: 5.0Mac, Cheese, macaroni, artichoke, cream, Pasta