▷ Super Quick and Easy: Tuna Sweet Potato Jackets
by Tupac Bruch
▷ Tuna Sweet Potato Jackets
If your standby supper is baked potatoes with tuna, switch to sweet potatoes and a fresh, spicy topping - budget-friendly and low-fat too.
▷ Tuna Sweet Potato Jackets | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Jackets
Recipe Cuisine: British
These baked sweet potatoes tick all the boxes – they’re low fat, low calorie, low GI and low budget! And if that’s not enough, they’re super quick and easy too! I’ve updated this recipe with some new pics and some top tweaks – it’s one of my go-to recipes for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s super colorful, super quick and tasty too. I mix the tuna with whatever I have to hand, sour cream gives a much richer flavor but if you’re watching your weight or looking for a low-fat option, Greek yogurt is a great alternative.
When we lived in the UK, you could buy big baking potatoes in the supermarket and jacket potatoes would regularly feature on our dinner menu. When I was recently back in the UK, every time we went out for lunch, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’d be ordering a baked potato. It’s hard to find those special baking potatoes down under so sweet potatoes make a great (and healthy) alternative.
As a result of my eating all the things in the motherland, including ridiculous amounts of jacket potatoes, my weight has blossomed (and that’s a very polite way of putting it!) Since I’ve been back, I’ve been trying to battle the bulge and to prepare healthy but hearty meals that don’t take long to cook. And this one is a real box ticker! Are you a fan of baked potatoes too? Do you have any bulge battling tips for me?
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 200g each)
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- A handful of coriander leaves
1. Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place on a microwaveable plate and cook on High for 18-20 mins, or until tender. Split in half and place each one, cut-side up, on a serving plate.
2. Flake the drained tuna with a fork and divide between the sweet potatoes. Top with the red onion and chili, then squeeze over the lime juice. Top with a dollop of yogurt and scatter over the coriander, to serve.
Prep time :
Yield: Serves 2
Fat: 3 g
Fat: 3 g
Average Rating: 5.0turkey, sweet potato, Tuna, Jackets, onion, lime