▷ Vanilla-Almond Chia Breakfast Bowl
This fiber-packed oat pot is similar to a bircher. The combination of porridge oats, blueberries, yogurt, seeds, and nuts will keep you fuller for longer.
▷ Vanilla-Almond Chia | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: American
Eating once ounce of chia seeds each day would provide 18 percent of daily calcium needs, 27 percent of phosphorus, 30 percent of manganese, and smaller amounts of potassium and copper.
Chia seeds provide more omega-3s, calcium, phosphorus, and fiber than flaxseeds. Most people do not consume enough of these essential nutrients.
For the porridge
- 50g jumbo porridge oat
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 25g chia seeds
- 150g punnet blueberry
- 25g almond, slivered or flaked
- clear honey, to taste
1. Mix all the porridge ingredients in a bowl and leave to soak for at least 20 mins. Once the oats have softened, stir through half the blueberries. If the porridge is too dry, add a little water.
2. Divide the mixture between 2 bowls and top each with the remaining berries, almonds, and honey.
Yield: Serves 2
Fat: 14 g
Fat: 14 g
Average Rating: 5.0oat, almond, vanilla, blueberry, chia, honey