▷ Vegetarian Dip: Chipotle Black Bean Hummus
by Tupac Bruch
▷ Chipotle Black Bean Dip
Hummus is so easy to make and beats shop-bought varieties every time. Try it with vegetable crudités in your packed lunch.
▷ Chipotle Black Bean Dip | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Hummus
Recipe Cuisine: Lebanese
This makes it an excellent option for people on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Consuming enough protein is essential for optimal growth, recovery and immune function.
In addition, hummus includes iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins, all of which are important for vegetarians and vegans, as they may not get enough from their diet.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- One 15-1/2-oz. can black beans (preferably low-sodium), drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro; more for garnish
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. seeded, minced chipotle chile (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 Tbs. of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, and coriander and cook for 30 seconds more. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Put the onion mixture, beans, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, the remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and 1 Tbs. water in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with more chopped cilantro and serve.
Yield: Serves 2 Cups
Fat: 11 g
Fat: 11 g
Average Rating: 5.0Hummus, Lebanese, chickpeas, coriander, vegetarian, black beans