▷ Vegetarian Dip: Classic Hummus
▷ Classic Hummus
Hummus is so easy to make and beats shop-bought varieties every time. Try it with vegetable crudités in your packed lunch.
▷ Classic Hummus | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Hummus
Recipe Cuisine: Lebanese
This makes it an excellent option for people on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Consuming enough protein is essential for optimal growth, recovery and immune function.
In addition, hummus includes iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins, all of which are important for vegetarians and vegans, as they may not get enough from their diet.
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
1. Add chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and seasonings to the bowl of a 2-quart food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. While blending, slowly add in the olive oil and water until hummus is creamy and smooth.
3. Garnish with additional red pepper flakes, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Yield: Serves 2 Cups
Fat: 11 g
Fat: 11 g
Average Rating: 5.0Hummus, Lebanese, chickpeas, lemon, vegetarian, tahini