▷ Vegetarian Dip: Curried Sweet Potato Hummus
by Tupac Bruch
▷ Curried Sweet Potato Hummus
Hummus is so easy to make and beats shop-bought varieties every time. Try it with vegetable crudités in your packed lunch.
▷ Curried Sweet Potato Hummus | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Hummus
Recipe Cuisine: Lebanese
This makes it an excellent option for people on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Consuming enough protein is essential for optimal growth, recovery and immune function.
In addition, hummus includes iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins, all of which are important for vegetarians and vegans, as they may not get enough from their diet.
- 1 small sweet potato, scrubbed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 15½-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini, well mixed
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or smashed to a paste with flat side of knife on cutting board
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
- 10 cranks freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- Crushed roasted, salted cashews, crushed red pepper flakes, and olive oil (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Prick potato all over with a fork and wrap tightly in foil. Place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast until the tines of a fork slide easily into the center of the potato, 60–70 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, process chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, garlic, curry powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a food processor until smooth.
3. Halve potato lengthwise and scoop out ½ cup flesh (discard skin). Add to food processor and process until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. With the motor running, stream in coconut oil, then continue to process until hummus is very light and creamy, 1–2 minutes longer. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
4. Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Top with cashews and red pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Yield: Serves 2 Cups
Fat: 11 g
Fat: 11 g
Average Rating: 5.0Hummus, Lebanese, chickpeas, tahini, vegetarian, lime