▷ Vegetarian Dip: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
▷ Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Hummus is so easy to make and beats shop-bought varieties every time. Try it with vegetable crudités in your packed lunch.
▷ Roasted Red Pepper Hummus | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Hummus
Recipe Cuisine: Lebanese
This makes it an excellent option for people on a vegetarian or vegan diet. Consuming enough protein is essential for optimal growth, recovery and immune function.
In addition, hummus includes iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins, all of which are important for vegetarians and vegans, as they may not get enough from their diet.
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
2. Place the peppers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until peppers are fragrant and the skin has charred. Allow peppers to cool before peeling away the charred skin.
3. Add roasted peppers, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a 2-quart food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. While blending, slowly add in the olive oil until hummus is creamy and smooth.
5. Garnish with finely chopped bell pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Yield: Serves 2 Cups
Fat: 11 g
Fat: 11 g
Average Rating: 5.0Hummus, Lebanese, chickpeas, lemon, vegetarian, pepper