▷ Vegetarian burger recipes: Black Bean Burger
Ditch the meat and try one of our veggie burger recipes at your next barbecue, or for a filling midweek meal. They're packed with protein, fibre and flavour.
▷ Veggie Burger: Black Bean Burger | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Burgers
Recipe Cuisine: American
These veggie burgers are packed with vegetables! See how to make homemade veggie burgers that are hearty, flavorful and full of vegetables. These delicious vegetable-packed burgers are high in fiber (5 grams) and come in at just under 200 calories for one patty.
For The Burger
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro, choppedn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green leaf lettuce
- Guacamole or avocado slices
- Red onion rings
1. In a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse “dough” forms. Divide mixture into 4 and shape into burger patties.
2. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Fry burgers over medium-high heat until golden on both sides and cooked through.
4. Assemble burger with desired toppings and enjoy!
*Lightly oil your hands when forming burger patties so the mixture doesn’t stick to them.
Yield: Makes 8
Fat: 8 g
Fat: 8 g
Average Rating: 5.0black beans, breadcrumbs, chipotle, cilantro, Guacamole, onion