▷ Vegetarian burger recipes: Caramelized Onion Lentil Burger
Ditch the meat and try one of our veggie burger recipes at your next barbecue, or for a filling midweek meal. They're packed with protein, fibre and flavour.
▷ Veggie Burger: Caramelized Onion Lentil Burger | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Burgers
Recipe Cuisine: American
These veggie burgers are packed with vegetables! See how to make homemade veggie burgers that are hearty, flavorful and full of vegetables. These delicious vegetable-packed burgers are high in fiber (5 grams) and come in at just under 200 calories for one patty.
For The Burger
- 1 onion, finely diced and caramelized
- 2 cups lentils, cooked
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 egg
- Goat cheese
- Roasted red pepper slices
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Divide mixture and shape into burger patties.
2. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. On a well-oiled pan or grill, fry patties until golden and inside is cooked through.
4. Assemble with desired toppings and enjoy!
Yield: Makes 8
Fat: 8 g
Fat: 8 g
Average Rating: 5.0black beans, breadcrumbs, chipotle, cilantro, Guacamole, onion