▷ Vegetarian burger recipes: Portobello Halloumi Burger
Ditch the meat and try one of our veggie burger recipes at your next barbecue, or for a filling midweek meal. They're packed with protein, fibre and flavour.
▷ Veggie Burger: Portobello Halloumi Burger | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Burgers
Recipe Cuisine: American
These veggie burgers are packed with vegetables! See how to make homemade veggie burgers that are hearty, flavorful and full of vegetables. These delicious vegetable-packed burgers are high in fiber (5 grams) and come in at just under 200 calories for one patty.
For The Burger
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 halloumi slices
- Pepper to taste
- Burger buns
- 1 avocado, smashed
- tomato slices
1. Drizzle portobello mushrooms with oil and sprinkle with thyme and garlic.
2. Season with pepper to taste. Grill or fry mushrooms to your liking.
3. Meanwhile, grill or fry halloumi slices until golden on both sides.
4. Assemble burger with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Yield: Makes 8
Fat: 8 g
Fat: 8 g
Average Rating: 5.0portobello, mushrooms, halloumi, avocado, Sriracha, Arugula