▷ How to make Perfect Pancakes
Make sure your pancakes are thin and delicious every time with our quick and easy guide. Do your pancakes always come out thick and lumpy? Are you still searching for the perfect batter mix? This four-step foolproof guide serves up tasty pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, brunch and beyond... Once you've perfected your technique, check out our ultimate pancake collection
▷ Perfect Pancakes | The Brand Decò
By The Brand Decò
Recipe Category: Pancakes
Recipe Cuisine: American
A step-by-step guide to making perfect pancakes:
Start by using our easy pancake recipe
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Caster sugar, to serve (optional)
1. Mix the batter ingredients with a whisk until smooth and lump-free.
2. The batter should be the consistency of double cream. If the batter thickens while standing, add a little extra milk, stirring until you have the correct thickness.
3. When the pan is hot, wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Pour half a ladle of batter into the center, quickly swirl the pan around to spread the batter over the pan in a thin and even layer, then pour any excess into a jug. Cook for 1 min, or until golden and ready to flip.
4. To flip the pancakes, ease a fish slice under it, then in one swift movement, flip the pancake over. Continue cooking for 1 min more until golden
Yield: Makes 8
Fat: 5 g
Fat: 5 g
Average Rating: 4.9Perfect, Pancake, egg, milk, Lemon, flour